Lushun Military Port was built in the Qing Dynasty. From 1880 to 1890, the Qing government ordered Li Hongzhang, the Minister of Beiyang, to prepare for the construction of Beiyang Marine Division, to operate Lushun Port, to expand the navigation channel of the People's Expedition University of Lushun, to dredge the harbour, reclaim the sea, build forts and build harbour pools, which made Lushunkou a world-famous military fortress at that time and one of the five major military ports.
Lushun Military Port
Lvshun Military Port is located in the southwest end of Liaodong Peninsula and the north coast of the Yellow Sea. The port gate opens to the southeast, with the magnificent Golden Mountain to the east, the Tiger Tail Peninsula to the west, and the lofty Old Iron Mountain to the southwest, surrounded by Lushun Port. Lushun Military Port is famous for its "Lushunkou". Lushunkou refers to a sea port nearly 300 meters wide and confronted by two mountains. There is only one 91-metre channel in the over 300 metres, which can only pass through one large warship at a time. It is strategically easy to defend and difficult to attack. Lushun Military Harbor is nearly a closed Bay harbor with a length of 4 kilometers east and west, and a width of 2 kilometers north and south. The whole bay is divided into East and West harbors. The winding dry beach is very similar to the tiger's tail, so it is named "tiger's tail". In the Qing Dynasty, there were military training grounds and lighthouses on the peninsula. With the Tiger Tail Peninsula as the boundary, the whole bay is divided into East and West parts. The east harbor is 75 meters wide and the water depth is 5.6-8.8 meters. There are large docks on the stone wall around the wharf. The west harbor is like an inner lake.